GATE is one of the most difficult competitive exams of the nation in technological field so to make it easier for the students, provide them ample knowledge and required guidance institute has made arrangements for special preparatory classes for GATE. The classes are conducted by the subject experts specially appointed for these classes and the whole course is made free of cost to the interested students by college management.
Information about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising of Faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development. The GATE score/rank is used for admissions to Post Graduate Programmes (ME, M.Tech, MS, Direct Ph.D.) in institutes like IITs and IISc etc with financial assistance offered by MHRD. PSUs too use the GATE scores for recruiting candidates for various prestigious jobs with attractive remuneration.
GATE is considered to be the standard examination conducted not only for post graduation admissions but also to open the gates for lucrative opportunities in several public sector enterprises and research organizations. Based on the score achieved in GATE, admissions are offered in IITs, IISc, and NITs, and abundant opportunities for campus placements with salary packages ranging from Rs. 6 lakh to 30 lakh. Candidates on qualifying GATE, get a financial aid of 12400/- pm in the form of UGC scholarship.
Students interested in management can swing in the management line by pursuing a PG Diploma of 2 years in Industrial Engineering. Some institutes in India also offer admissions in the post Graduate programmes on the basis of GATE score.
GATE exam is important because of below mentioned factors:
- • M.Tech - Campus placements in National and International private or public companies
- • Several reputed PSUs and research organizations recruits on basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC etc.
- • Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs, reputed educational institutes etc.
- • Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- • Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- • Junior Research Associates/ Senior Project Associates
- • Scientists “C” grade jobs
- • Career in Research & Development
- • Technical value addition
- • Expertise in subject/domain specialization
More Information about GATE
Subjectwise Analysis of Previous GATE Papers